#College101 is geared for students who recently graduated high school and are heading off to college and need some professional tools in the their collegiate tool belt to help them tackle their college career with confidence. Class size is limited, register now (at bottom of page)!
Thursday, July 27, 10:30am – 1:30pm, Quail Creek Country Club.
Tuition: $257 covers all program materials and a 3-course meal tutorial
Reservations Required: Click here to register now (class size is limited)
Dress Code: Business Casual
Topics to be covered include:
- The critical components and research behind First Impressions
- Business Etiquette vs. Social Etiquette
- Basic information covering Etiquette and the Generations (helps the students to connect the dots and understand why all of this is important to other people!)
- Professional Dress for college events
- Communication with professors and other adults; verbal, written and electronic
- Telephone etiquette and Telephonophobia (you can practice by calling home!)
- Electronic Etiquette
- Your Electronic Footprint
- Social Media do’s and don’ts
- Roommate Etiquette
- Tips for Interacting with people you just don’t like
- How to nip Gossip in the bud
- The Art of the Handwritten Note and the importance of notes in business
- Strategic relationship management (aka Networking – it starts now!)
- Planning ahead for Practicum and Internship success
- The Strategy of the Business Meal (during fraternity/sorority events, interviews, hosting, or being a guest). We will work through a 3-course seated and served meal.
- Just because you ‘can’ doesn’t mean you should: living on your own, self imposed curfews, and more.
- The do’s and don’ts of Alcohol
- Life Skills Primer: mail, checks, cars, insurance, rent, and other things our parents do for us!
- And much, much more
Carey Sue has presented similar programs at such schools as The University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, The University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma City University and more. Please do not hesitate to Call 405-721-1467 or email CareySue@CareySueVega.com if you have questions!
“All the times that you spoke to our MBA students, I know their common first reaction was “what am I going to learn about etiquette that I don’t already know?” Surprise. Every time and pretty much every one walked away practicing their newly learned skills. Throughout the semester they frequently referred to what they had learned. Just like the workers at the Four Seasons, they interacted and treated each other more as ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for adding some class to my class.”
– Robert Epstein
“Carey Sue is one of the best-received and popular presenters in Life After OU-A Survival Guide, a spring semester class for graduating seniors at the University of Oklahoma. She teaches segments on not only dining and social etiquette but also business etiquette. She has been a regular in the course since 2009. She is knowledgeable, practical, entertaining and persuasive keeping the attention and interest of 150, no mean feat.”
– Peter G. Pierce, Instructor, University of Oklahoma.